Navin resigns, joins opposition


72815_naveen dissanayaka 55Minister of State Management Reforms Navin Dissanayake has sent his letter of resignation  from his Ministerial post, to President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
In the letter, Dissanayake explains the reasons behind his resignation adding among them was that he was unable to carry out his responsibilities and meet the needs of the people in Nuwara Eliya District, who he represents.
While also resigning from the Nuwara Eliya electorate coordinating council, Dissanayake says he hopes join hands with the forces mobilising to abolish the executive presidency.
Extracts from his resignation letter:
“I never got the opportunity to serve the rural people of Nuwara Eliya despite being their MP and Minister. I was never able to achieve those goals. Although some ministers were granted unlimited funds and the approval to create many jobs, ministers like I, who were serving the rural people were provided meagre funding and very few job opportunities to provide to people. Although this issue was brought to the attention of political leaders, the responses were never adequate or satisfactory.
My late father Gamini Dissanayake and his colleague Lalith Athulathmudali expressed the strong opinion in 1990 that the executive presidential system had to be abolished or subject to serious reform. In 1994, my father’s election manifesto in the presidential election also included these provisions. Even the Mahinda Chinthana and Mahinda Chinthana Idiri Dakma contain clauses referring to these reform proposals. Twenty years after my father’s death, there is a clarion call from all sections of society to abolish this system. Therefore, I hope to join hands with the forces mobilising to abolish the executive presidency.
Three weeks ago I revealed a Rs. 1.5 billion fraud in the purchase of coal for the CEB by the Power and Energy Ministry. This is just one instance. I am also aware of the many irregularities in Chinese projects. This situation has become one that I can no longer abide.
I joined hands with you in order to help you to end the war. As a father of two children I wish to thank you for concluding the war. However our political journeys differ, I have no personal animosity with you. This is entirely a decision being made on principle. I wish to thank you for the guidance and support you rendered while I was minister of Public Management Reforms. May the triple gem bless you.”  (Colombo Gazette)

No comments:

Channel FIVE

Meat Slicer, Meat, Fruit And Vegetable Slicer, Frozen Meat Slicer,

  Manual Frozen Meat Slicer, Meat, Fruit And Vegetable Slicer, Frozen Meat Slicer, Adjustable Thickness, Kitchen Cutting Tool Material Blade...