Janaka makes emotional appeal


JANAKA-BANDARA-TENNAKOONMinister of Lands and Land Development Janaka Bandara Tennakoon today made an emotional appeal to the Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) saying it needs to correct some of its mistakes.
Speaking at an event in Dambulla, the Minister broke down at one point saying he will point out the mistakes in the government but not leave the SLFP as that would go against his late father’s wishes.
Tennakoon said that he had recently told President Mahinda Rajapaksa that certain people need to be removed from the SLFP and while the President had agreed, those people are still in the SLFP.
The Minister said that he had even raised his concerns about the SLFP with the President’s son Namal Rajapaksa.
“I had said once there are drug addicts and drunkards in our Government. I even say that now,” the Minister said.
He recalled that recently there was speculation he would join the opposition and the rumors had increased after Maithripala Sirisena left to contest for Presidency.
The Minister said he will never go against those who voted for him by joining the opposition and instead will stay in the government and fight for what is right.
“No matter what problems my father faced he continued to support the SLFP. I told the President, sir I will never leave this party. If I do that my father will get up from his grave and beat me. I love this party so much. I don’t expect anything in return from this party,” he said.
Tennakoon said that he is not worried over what will happen to him for saying the truth and despite being disappointed he will still remain with the SLFP. He urged the SLFP to listen to people like him as he speaks from the heart. (Colombo Gazette)

No comments:

Channel FIVE

Meat Slicer, Meat, Fruit And Vegetable Slicer, Frozen Meat Slicer,

  Manual Frozen Meat Slicer, Meat, Fruit And Vegetable Slicer, Frozen Meat Slicer, Adjustable Thickness, Kitchen Cutting Tool Material Blade...